Statutory School Consultation – Glencorse Primary School
The council has a statutory duty to consult when proposing a permanent change to any of its schools, such as a school closure.
In accordance with the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010, Midlothian Council wants to hear your views on the proposal to discontinue primary education provision at Glencorse Primary School with effect from 25 June 2021.
While a detailed consultation document is available on the council’s website at www.midlothian.gov.uk/glencorse, there is also a summary of the proposal, and a full information version about the consultation process and how to get involved available from our school office. If you wish a paper copy of this then please email the school office and it will be sent home with your child.
Planned ‘drop in’ session dates and the dates for the public meeting are also included. A copy of a short questionnaire, which can be completed online, and is also available from the school office.
Please note that the consultation is open from 25th September 2020 on the council website and all responses should be returned by 13th November 2020.
A copy of the detailed consultation document, summary document and questionnaire is also available from the following locations:
· Council Headquarters, Buccleuch Street, Dalkeith EH22 1DN (please phone or email for an appointment to collect a paper copy) 0131 270 7500 or EducationConsultation@midllothian.gov.uk
· Education Offices, Fairfield House, 8 Lothian Road Dalkeith EH22 3ZG (please phone or email for an appointment to collect a paper copy as above)
· Glencorse Primary School, Graham’s Road, Milton Bridge, Penicuik, EH26 0QR
· Roslin Primary School, 8 Pentland View Place, Roslin, EH25 9ND
· The Glencorse Centre, 4 Firth Road, Auchendinny, Penicuik, EH26 0QZ
The council’s website can translate documents online and also has a ‘read out loud’ facility. However, if you would like any of the printed documents in another language or format, or if you require the services of an interpreter, please contact us initially on 0131 270 7500 or by email to EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk.
Midlothian Council hopes as many of you as possible will complete the questionnaire and would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to share your views as they are extremely important to us.
Kind regards, Education Consultation Team